Y-TRI QUARANTINE 15 RECOVERY VIRTUAL TRIATHLON
Adults Sprint: 12-mile bike, 3.1-mile run/walk, YOU CHOOSE the 3rd event! (At least 10 minutes of your favorite sport or activity!)
Adult Olympic: 25-mile bike, 6.2- mile run/walk, YOU CHOOSE the 3rd event! (At least 10 minutes of your favorite sport or activity!)
Youth 6-10: 2.5 mile bike, .75-mile run/walk, YOU CHOOSE the 3rd event! (At least 10 minutes of your favorite sport or activity!)
Youth 11+ 5 mile bike, 1.5-mile run/walk, YOU CHOOSE the 3rd event! (At least 10 minutes of your favorite sport or activity!)
**Prizes will be rewarded but not for the fastest times! Prizes will be rewarded the best three Facebook AND Instagram posts. Tag or post on our Facebook and Instagram page with your best pictures from your Y-Tri #HutchYMCA #Y-Tri. Times are not important but can be posted! Shirts and medals will be given to all participants.**
FEES: Youth $30 Adult $37
YMCA of Hutchinson & Reno County: PHASE 2.0 COVID-19 REOPENING GUIDELINES:
Members who are considered to be part of a vulnerable population will be discouraged from entering the facility.
As we navigate through reopening the YMCA facility, our team continues put the needs, health and safety of our members and staff at the forefront of our decision making process. As we prepare, we want to make you aware of some changes to our process and expectations moving forward.
KEEPING STAFF AND MEMBERS SAFE
We know everyone is ready to get some exercise for your overall well-being and we are slowly opening parts of the Y, in a limited capacity, as safely as possible. We are thoroughly cleaning on a daily basis and will follow a strict cleaning schedule so we may continue to provide a safe environment. We need your help!
We have added additional hand sanitizing stations and are requiring all members to clean ALL equipment
BEFORE and AFTER use.
Following CDC and the State of Kansas, we are requiring members entering the facility to complete a Waiver and Screening Questionnaire. To align with social distancing guidelines, we will have a capacity limit and clearly marked areas that will be accessible to members.
WHAT AREAS ARE OPENING IN PHASE 2.0?
The first spaces available will be the Cardio Room and the Weight Room. To ensure as much safe distancing as possible, some equipment has also been moved or closed.
WHAT AREAS ARE UNAVAILABLE IN PHASE 2.0?
Initially, YMCA locker rooms, common spaces, the family gym, group exercise classes, hot tub, pools, and sauna will be closed. The Nursery will not be open for member’s use.
WE APPRECIATE MEMBER’S ADHERENCE TO THE FOLLOWING HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
WHEN VISITING OUR FACILITY: We encourage you to wear a face covering while in our facility, though it is not required, and suggest that that you bring a water bottle from home, as water fountains, bottle fill-up stations, and coffee service will be unavailable until a later phase.
Because we really care, we encourage the vulnerable populations of our Y members to be cautious and follow recommended guidelines on when to start being
away from home. We are offering our Seniors a special time from 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
- Members will be asked to complete a waiver and screening questionnaire describing their current health and possible contact with COVID+ persons.
- All must wash or sanitize their hands upon entry and before and after workouts.
- Members will be required to clean equipment before AND after use.
- Maximum of 30 members will be allowed in Y wellness facility at any given time.
- Members will be restricted to what they bring in to a small bag they keep with them at all times.
- Members can only use one piece of equipment at a time, super sets will not be allowed.
- A 30-minute time limit will be enforced on all cardio machines.
- Members will be instructed to use main restrooms only. Locker Rooms will not be open.
- All internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Members will be required to adhere to all posted signage regarding distancing.
- Members are encouraged to wear cloth masks while inside facility or any other type of PPE they desire for their safety.
- Gym use is restricted to NO CONTACT and shooting will be limited to only 2 participates/goal.
- The Family Gym is closed.
- Reduced operating hours of Mon-Fri 5am-7pm and Sat 8am-5pm.
- Staff to conduct disinfecting of high touch surfaces and equipment hourly per CDC guidelines.
- Amenities temporarily not available; coffee service, large group sitting areas, drinking fountains
- Spaces temporarily not open include; pools, hot tubs, sauna, locker rooms, any kind of locker, social areas.
- Nationwide Y access will not be permitted – only Reno County YMCA members and guests
- Group Exercise classes will be allowed for up to 15 participates at one time.
- Gymnastics classes will resume for up to 15 participates at one times and will follow CDC guidelines.
- Youth Sports will begin practices the week of May 25, 2020 under CDC guidelines. No more than 15 participates will be allowed.
- No in person senior specific programming (Silver Sneakers and Parkinson’s) will be offered until further notice. Online access is available.
- Emergency Childcare from 7am-6pm is offered daily for essential workers who qualify and will be housed in the facility.
- Access to all wellness and exercise equipment (cardio machines, weights) will be limited. We will maximize physical distancing; certain equipment pieces will be unavailable for use. Only 15 participates will be allowed.
- Increased signage throughout the building to mandate directional flow, encourage physical distancing, hand washing and promote cleaning efforts.