YMCA of Hutchinson & Reno County: COVID-19 REOPENING GUIDELINES:
As we navigate through reopening the YMCA facility, our team continues put the needs, health and safety of our members and staff at the forefront of our decision making process. As we prepare, we want to make you aware of some changes to our process and expectations moving forward.
KEEPING STAFF AND MEMBERS SAFE
We are thoroughly cleaning on a daily basis and will follow a strict cleaning schedule so we may continue to provide a safe environment. We need your help!
We have added additional hand sanitizing stations and are requiring all members to clean ALL equipment and spray disinfecting spray on showers and lockers after use!
BEFORE and AFTER use.
Following CDC and the State of Kansas, we are requiring members entering the facility to wear a mask in all common areas but masks are not required during your workout.
WHAT AREAS ARE OPEN?
WE APPRECIATE MEMBER’S ADHERENCE TO THE FOLLOWING HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
WHEN VISITING OUR FACILITY:
MASKS are NOT required in our building by members and guests, Staff will still wear masks to protect you!
Because we really care, we encourage the vulnerable populations of our Y members to be cautious and follow recommended guidelines on when to start being away from home.
- Members will be asked to self monitor and please stay home if you are feeling under the weather.
- All must wash or sanitize their hands upon entry and before and after workouts.
- Members will be required to clean equipment before AND after use.
- Members can only use one piece of equipment at a time, super sets will not be allowed…
- All internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Members will be required to adhere to all posted signage regarding distancing.
- Members are encouraged to wear cloth masks while inside facility or any other type of PPE they desire for their safety.
- Reduced operating hours of Mon-Fri 5am-9pm, Sat 8am-5pm and Sunday 1-5 pm.
- Staff to conduct disinfecting of high touch surfaces and equipment hourly per CDC guidelines.
- Group Exercise classes will be allowed for up to 20 participates at one time.
- Gymnastics classes will resume for up to 20 participates at one times and will follow CDC guidelines.
- Youth Sports will begin practices the week of May 25, 2020 under CDC guidelines.
- Increased signage throughout the building to mandate directional flow, encourage physical distancing, hand washing and promote cleaning efforts.